The guiding principles of the Polk County Republican Party…..
We Believe ....
- Our Founding Fathers acknowledged God as the source of our inalienable rights and biblical values do inform much of the work we do as a Party.
- The strength of our nation lies with individual Liberty, Initiative and Responsibility.
- Government is instituted in this country with one supreme duty; to protect the Inalienable Rights of the People.
- Public service is for virtuous men and women who speak the truth with confidence and courage. All others need not apply.
- Upholding the American Creed includes our duty as citizens to love our country, supports its Constitution, obey its laws, respect its flag and defend it against all enemies.
The guiding principles of the North Carolina Republican Party .....
We Believe ….
- The strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each person’s dignity, freedom, ability and responsibility must be honored.
- In equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, sex, age or disability.
- Government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow individuals to keep more of their own money they earn.
- The proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be performed by individuals or private organizations, and that the best government is that which governs least.
- The most effective, responsible and responsive government is government closest to the people.
- Americans must retain the principles that have made us strong while developing new and innovative ideas to meet the challenges of changing times.
- Americans value and should preserve our national strength and pride while working to extend peace, freedom and human rights throughout the world.
- Free enterprise and the encouraging individual initiative have brought this nation opportunity, economic growth and prosperity.